Control Board details and Wiring
GT2560 is a compact board that is integrated with the mighty function of the Arduino Mega2560+Ultimaker and Arduino Mega2560+ramps 1.4 on respect of both software and hardware and has more premium features: the streamlined interfaces effectively avoid the unnecessary troubles, well-regulated compaction of components highly integrated saves more space and easier to be mounted on most applications. 5 stepper motors, swappable driving modules, mighty ATmega2560 processor with 256k memory, 16MHz operating frequency, high-performance USB serial converter FT232RQ, all these make the GT2560 an ideal option for a 3D printer control board. What’s more, GT2560 can run over 12V to 24V which gives higher torque and higher rotation rate.
- Integrated with the mighty function of the Arduino Mega2560+Ultimaker and Arduino Mega2560+ramps 1.4 kit, The GT2560 can not only take full place of them on respect of both software and hardware, but also features compact size, more convenient connection, and more stable.
- Adopt ATmega2560 as the main control chip, coupled with the high-performance USB serial converter FT232RQ.
- The power pack: operating voltage is 12V-24V; double power supply design provide for heatbed and logical part separately,overcurrent protection is also provided.
- The PSU (power supply unit) is assembled together with the printer; which saves you a lot of space and can avoid unnecessary electrical trouble.
- All the cables and wires are well arranged to make it more neat and easy to operate.
- Support 5 A4988 stepper drivers (3 for X/Y/Z axis, and 2 for extruders); the subdivision of stepper motor can be setup by dial switch, eliminating jumper caps, easier to operate.
- 3 temperature sensor input (100k thermistor is recommended)
- Extended LCD and SD card interface support both LCD2004 and LCD 12864, with which you can print without your PC.
- The firmware is the prevalent Marlin, which is known for stability, usability, and high-performance.
Before you start wiring, please take a look at the wiring schematics. Pay attention to the Plus-n-Minus of the power connector, reverse connection can cause irrevocably damages.
- DC IN： 12V-24V 15A and 12V-24V 10A
- HOT_BED: heat bed
- HEATER1: power supply for extruder 1
- HEATER2: power supply for extruder 2
- LCD ENCODER： LCD panel
- SD Card
- X_MIN/X_MAX/Y_MIN /Y_MAX /Z_MIN /Z_MAX: 6 end stop input （XH2.54-2 pin
- TEMP1: temperature sensor for extruder 1（XH2.54-2 pin)
- TEMP2: temperature sensor for extruder 2（XH2.54-2 pin)
- TEMP3: temperature sensor for heatbed（XH2.54-2 pin)
- X,Y,Z：Stepper motors for X, Y, Z axis, XH2.54-4Pin
- EXT1, EXT2(A)：Stepper motors for extruder 1 and extruder 2, XH2.54-4Pin
- FAN1，FAN2，FAN3：3 12V cooling fans, PH2.0-3Pin
- PWM: PWM output for cooling fan （FAN: PH2.0-3pin)